add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
marc_bright
  • 14 months ago

I love the site and I'm starting to put together a particular build. However, and I know the site is in its infancy, I can't add components to complete my build as they aren't in the database.

How can the community get involved to help add components whereby a mod can review before it is available.

I would love to help out in any way. I'm sure there are other that would like to help as well.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

marc_bright- thanks for coming here and leaving this feedback. Its good to hear that people are finding the site useful. But we also know that right now some of our limitations are how fast/much product we can get put into the system. We are currently working on a few solutions to help speed up this process. I hope to have more details fairly soon. But in the meantime if there are things you'd like to see added, feel free to drop them into this thread. I'm happy to see what I can do.

Thanks, CBaron

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

I’m a huge Cinelli freak.

I’d love to see the Cinelli Superstar caliper and disc brake version. Possibly the Cinelli Veltrix as well.

The other thing that would be great once you get further along with development is actual weight components. Whilst manufacturers list a component weight, there are some web resources where people are listing the actual weights. Being able to submit those would be great (but admittedly more for the weight weenies amongst us).

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I should be able to get some Cinelli frames added into the offerings with in the next few days. The Laser Blue Superstar disc is a very good looking bike! The pricing almost seems 'reasonable' too.

We are currently in the middle of working out a plan to try and rapidly expedite our product offerings. It may take a few weeks to get fully up and running. But like I said, in the mean time, your (or anyone) is welcome to drop in some suggested products and I will do my best to get them added.

The weight thing is a bit of an enigma. I feel that it could be a great tool for us to have. Yet its very difficult to get precise weight numbers. And IMHO, if weight is something that matters to you, then it needs to be correct. Solving this at scale is a challenge, but it is something that we've been discussing. I know that weightweenies.starbike.com had a good run at it quite a few years back. But in the end, it seems most of their info is now stale.

Thanks, CBaron

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Resurrecting an old thread rather than creating a new thread.

Would it be possible to add Trek Madone frames to the listing?

I'm looking to put together an aero list with the Madone frame but it looks like there's only Emonda and Domane frames currently loaded.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks for asking. The Madone has some particular specifications that we currently don't have the modeling for, but we are currently looking in to resolving those. For example, the Madone SLR frameset includes their own frame specific aero brake calipers and the site won't currently account for that in the compatibility checks. We plan to include them on the site soon. The Madone Sl frames use disc brakes, so I'll look into getting those frames in as soon as I can. If you're looking for the most aero parts though, then I'm guessing that Madone SLR frameset is the one you really want. Man, that's a great looking bike! :)

Stay tuned, hopefully we'll have them up soon.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, the frame sets for the Trek Madone SL are now up on the site. That should give you the ability to build up a pretty solid aero list. If you still wanted to build up a Madone SLR (either disc or rim version) you could still use this frame as a rough template with the knowledge that parts like the frame specific rim brakes and the headset spacers are not supported in our modeling. You would also need to source the Madone aero stem and handlebar combo from either Trek directly or your local authorized Trek dealer. Please let us know if you have any issues.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Any chance to add Specialized road frames, especially the Allez Sprint Disc? Thanks!

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Thanks for your interest! I'll try and get those added soon. Please check back with us, but I'll make sure to reply on here when they're posted.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The Allez Sprint Disc has now been added in all colors and sizes. For now, the only merchant we partner with that is a specialized dealer is in the UK. So these frames will not have any pricing information or retailer links unless you are looking at the UK merchants. They will however be useful for mocking up a part list as it will be able to guide compatibility for the rest of the parts selection. Thanks for your patience with me getting these added. Hopefully we'll be able to add a stateside Specialized merchant soon!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I was happy to see Surly frames included, but was then disappointed to find All City frames missing. Consider this one vote for adding All City Zig Zag etc. to the inventory.

Love the site. Great work.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Hello kindjal,

Yes, we could put some of the All City models into our database. We are constantly adding new product and its great when we hear specifically what our users are wanting to see. Do you have a specific size you'd like to see added? How are you wanting to build it up?

Thanks, CBaron

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

I'm pretty new to this so I'm not sure yet. I'm 6'3" so the size will be the 61. I'm considering building it out with SRAM groupsets.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

All-City Zig Zag frames are added. Cosmic Stallion is on deck.

Let us know if you have any issues.

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks I'll check it out!

• 19 days ago
  • 1 point

I found the site in the past and just found it again and joined. I was looking for a site with real time part prices and this is closest I found. Basically I was looking for something like the gun community has with ammo and some other accessories, but based on bike components. Here's an example: http://www.gunbot.net/

I know your site is a bit different as it's also taking into specs and compatibility to build a bike that works together. (At least I think so?!)

I also don't know how all this works but based on another thread ( https://cyclingbuilder.com/forums/topic/17-adding-custom-parts-from-a-url ) it appears everything is loaded manually along with a link to the online retailer? Which seems very time consuming and problematic if the retailer changes the link address (I think that's problematic unless the address is left and points to new one but don't know if that's how it's done?) Anyways, it appears to me that the ammo and price are found 'automagically' on the various retailers website? Maybe with bots?

Again, I don't know how it all works but I didn't know if the ammo sites could reveal some 'tricks' as there are quite a few different sites that track prices. That may not fit in with your site as it probably wouldn't help with compatibility. But if you had a section with real time prices that might help get traffic and then figure out a way to add a part's url to the bike builder?

I know I'm on a tight budget and sales come and go and Amazon prices change on a whim and there are many websites I don't even know about, and I think it would be great to be able to pick out an XT M8100 rear derailleur and see a list of current prices so I can quickly buy one and get back up and running.

Anyways, is there a way to suggest different retailers? Or different parts? Or anything users can do to assist and keep things up to date?

Thanks and sorry for the long post!

• 14 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks FlatMtnBkr for posting up your comments and questions. I'm familiar with gunbot.net and we do have functionality on our site that is somewhat similar.
If you go to the the actual product page of a part you will find all of the retail partners featuring pricing and availability of that item. If you continue further down the page you will notice a graph of the pricing history which can go back up to 2 yrs. Then just above the price graph you will find the price alert tool which allows you to set a specific price at which you will receive an email notification when the price drops to that predetermined amount.
Here is the product page for the XT M8100 Rear D that you mentioned. https://cyclingbuilder.com/product/ZfYXsY/shimano-xt-rd-m8100-12-speed-long-cage-rear-derailleur-irdm8100sgs

Here is another example from a popular tire listing. You can see the price variance ranging from $53-$99. https://cyclingbuilder.com/product/sQphP6/maxxis-maxxis-minion-dhr-ii-3cexotr-tire-29in-3c-maxx-terraexotr-29x23-29-x-23-60tpi-tire-87-1736?history_days=365

Additionally, here is a link to our recent "Price Drops" page. It shows all the recent price drops for all parts during a 24hr or 7 day period.
https://cyclingbuilder.com/products/pricedrop/week/

Different parts will have different vendor listings based on the item matching and the retail partners that we have. If you are aware of a retailer that you would like to see featured on our site then please feel free to let us know. Likewise, if you cannot find a specific part on our site you can post that up here in our forums and we will do our best to promptly create that listing for you. We are regularly inputting components, thus when we get a request we try to pull that one to the front of our queue.

And don't worry about your long post! We love getting feedback and input from our users. It's the primary way that we get to interact, learn and grow. Cheers, CBaron

• 15 days ago
  • 1 point

Hello, I have a 1993 Trek 720 Multi Track Cro-Moly. Would it be possible to add it? I want to restore it with new parts and see what is compatible with the frame

• 14 days ago
  • 2 points

Vintage! It took some digging, but those frames are now in the database. You should be able to mock up any new parts you're interested in. Let me know if you have any issues. Let us know if there are any parts you're interested in that we may be missing as well. I can get those added too.

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much! I’m new to this and it will help a lot with getting this bike some new life. Will let you guys know if anything else is missing 🤟🏽

• 11 days ago
  • 2 points

Just be aware that the bike was originally spec'ed with a 1" threaded steerer tube fork. So, if you're looking to move to a new fork with a 1" threadless steerer with a 1" threadless headset, our compatibility filter will either hide the threadless parts or flag them for compatibility issues. You can un-check the compatibility feature at the top left when selecting your parts to reveal parts that according to the documented specs are incompatible. So, if you want to move to more modern parts like a threadless cartridge bearing headset and threadless carbon fork, you'll need to uncheck that box to reveal those part options. If you're confused anywhere along the way, just copy the shareable link on your parts list in to this thread and one of us can help you out.

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

alright sounds good thank you so much for your help with this!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube