add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
tiagna

1 month ago

Hi guys, really cool idea for a build site that I didn't know I needed. I am not sure how you get the measurements and features for each of the frames that you list on your site - so this may be too big of a task right now.

Would it be possible to add frame specs (fork/suspension compatibility, etc) for stock models by major bike manufacturers (such as Trek, Fuji, Specialized, etc)?

To describe this further: I create a new build and select my 2020 Specialized Pitch from a picker. I tick the equipment I want to keep (frame, wheels, etc) and they get added as purchased parts on the build list and the compatibility checker works against those parts. So if I go looking for a new fork for the Pitch, it only shows relevant results.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Hey tiagna,

I'm not 100% sure I fully get what you may be asking for. Our longer term goal is to be able to have complete bikes listed from the popular manufacturers. We think of it as a way of assisting our customers in doing upgrades to their current build. The challenge is in the shear size and scope to input all the needed parts and data for all the bikes.

We've been brainstorming ways to help customers get to this kind of thing sooner. One of the ideas is to create a "generic frame template" that a customer could populate with their own frame specs. This could then be saved into their profile and would be used by our compatibility tool to help guide them on future component upgrades.

There was some discussion in other forum thread about compatibility for custom bespoke frames. There's a chance that this solution could possibly solve both needs. https://cyclingbuilder.com/forums/topic/22-byof-custom-frames

Thanks CBaron

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube